The tangible benefits of a focused content strategy
We can tell you all we want about developing a content strategy for your business that is accurate, focused, and disciplined, but what do you earn if you follow our advice?
Here are just a few of the benefits.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): We continually hammer the concept that Google will reward you for having the genuine interest of your readers in mind. And what better way to do so, than to focus the content of your website? Use your focus to frame topics you blog about, use it to refine the content on your pages, and Google will very likely reward you for it.
- Quality traffic to your website: Not only will you gain more traffic to your site, but the people coming to your site will be better qualified because they are specifically interested in your focus.
- Narrows down your potential customer: Finding your focus also helps you find your focus audience and potential customers, and how to best target them. It results in a smaller target audience, but a more interested audience.
- Reduces your competition: We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: it’s better to be a specialist than a generalist, and there are far fewer specialists than there are generalists. Therefore, you narrow your competition by focusing on what you do best. Especially when potential customers are going to be searching for specific services, they are more likely to find you and your specialty.
- Decrease spending on marketing efforts: Marketing can be a trial and error concept. You can spend thousands of dollars trying to figure out what marketing efforts are working, information about your audience, what content works best, what are the best keywords, etc. When you find your focus, you narrow down your marketing strategy, and ultimately cut costs.
- Higher Quality Blog Content: Your blog could flourish when you focus your strategy. Here’s an example. If you are a real estate agent and you want to focus on your specialty as a fix and flip realtor, you could blog about replacing floors, ceilings, cabinets, the benefits of new windows, appliances, and more. The possibilities are endless! You can blog about topics that you would have never thought of, or that are outside of your typical industry.
The benefits of finding your focus are endless, and will truly make your business successful. We will continue this series on finding your focus next week, where we will discuss why less is more, and why finding your focus could save your business.